Saturday, August 27, 2011

How To Make Guyabano Capsule


           There may be more ways to make Guyabano or Graviola capsule, but here is mine.



There were two kinds of leaves I made into capsule. This is the native kind which is usually found more abundantly in the country. It's fruit is oblong.


                                                             The fruit of this one is round.


   After thoroughly washing the leaves, I hanged it for air drying that took 3 days. The duration may take longer or shorter, depending on the room temperature or the weather.


                   Obviously no barks to hang it with so I have to make some unique innovations.



           After air drying, I removed the leaves from the stem and roasted it for 4-5 minutes for sanitation purposes. This may also be called pan drying. The leaves then becomes crispy. In my next batch of roasting, I teared the leaves into smaller size so many leaves will fit into my blender. Also, to protect the blades of the blender, I took the hard part of the leaves, it might not be powdered anyway.


                  Using a tong, I picked up the leaves and arranged it in a blender and dry blended it.





                                             Not all leaves were powdered so I have to sift it.


        The sifted powder ready for capsuling. Remaining leaves that cannot be powdered I placed in an ice wrapper and powdered it using a mortar and a pestle. Inevitably there will be parts that could not really be powdered. Hence, I consumed it as tea.




Capsuled powder

Empty gelatin capsules are available in leading drugstores. 
Guyabano capsules are normally packed in #0 capsule. I purposely packed it in #1 which is smaller.

In capsuling, proper hygiene must be observed. It is recommended to sanitize hands with alcohol, making sure under nails are clean and wear mask while packing. You can wear a hair net if you wish.



Related Articles


11 comments:

  1. when is the expiration of the guyabano capsule that you just made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actual picture was made 7 weeks ago and by this time the capsules were already consumed. Since this is all natural and no preservative I will see to it that I will consume it before 6 months or less. Hence, i don't make a lot. Just enough for my family's consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. got it... that's 500 mg per capz? right? so that's 1 cap per day? ..... correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right. We eat 2 caps. It's up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. You can also visit this site http://www.victoryglobal.vg/mobile-products/nutraceutical-products/10-gravicon.html#sthash.zkWs3dIv.dpbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. pwede po b na ihalo nlng sa tubig ang powder taz inumin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pwede. better ang hot or warm water.

      note: hindi matutunaw ang powder kasi dahon sya.

      Delete
  7. Hi, in roasting the leaves, gaano po kalakas ang apoy: mahinay, tama lang o malakas? pls reply, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Hi, effective po ba sya talaga para sa diabetis?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...